






The girls had a great Halloween. I think part of that is because we celebrated it so many times. Last weekend we went to a friends ward and did trunk-or-treating, then on Wednesday they celebrated Halloween at school, then they each had a Halloween birthday party to go to that Wednesday, then on Friday we went to the Covey Center in Provo and watched "Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein," and "Frankenstein," then on Saturday we went to our own ward's trunk-or-treat, and after that we went trick-or-treating with The Melton Family.
So when the girls finally decided what they wanted to be for Halloween, I was still trying to persuade them that they wanted to be something cute and sweet. Like "Dorothy" or a "cute" witch or some sort of princess or anything that didn't resemble death! But no, they knew what they wanted to be and once they made up their mind their was no going back. So I embraced it. Mallorie wanted to be a "Dead Bride" and she planned on being that three months prior to October. Julia wanted to be about 50 different things and finally decided she wanted to be a "Scary Witch." So we looked at costumes for the "Corpse Bride" but they weren't very good, so I decided "The Bride of Frankenstein" would be the way to go, and we thought it turned out pretty well. The boots were huge and gave us some trouble, but thankfully we had all those trial runs before the actual night to prepare and get them just right. We ended up having to tape the books around her legs, but every time she walked you could hear them dragging on the ground. We were amazed at what a good sport she was between the boots and the wig. Most of the night she couldn't see, but candy was her drive.
Julia loved her costume from the first day she saw it. I was going to do her make up nice and cute, until she said..."I want a GREEN face." So green it was. Like mother like daughter I guess. (when I was her age I was a scary witch too and I had a green face and a big pointy green nose.) So we did her up nice and scary. She loved the spider on her face. I will say, I don't think the girls have ever gotten so much attention for their costumes. Every person that saw Mallorie couldn't help themselves. They were very impressed, and had to tell her how awesome her costume was. She loved it, and everyone told Julia she looked sooo cute. She said, "mom I am not supposed to be cute, and neither is Mal...We are supposed to be scary." I had to explain that they were cute because they were scary!







8 comments:
Did you leave that comment because you can relate or do you really know me? Not sure I live in Utah as well. I am from a small town in Utah and lived in So. Cal for about 7 years. Cute kids!!
Wow... the girls looked great!! You did an amazing job with the make-up. Glad to have an update and know you are doing fabulous.
the costumes are awesome, I'm glad you had such a great Halloween week!
Hey Wendy! I just saw your question on my blog, we live in Boise, Idaho right now.
I can't get over how adorable your girls are. They are so cute - and so are you!
I am very impressed with their costumes! wow! fabulous job! they get bigger and bigger with every picture you post!
I love those Halloween costumes! What cute girls!
Hey Wendy...It's Katie (Mac Isaac) Elisaldez now! :)
I came across your blog and had to tell you how adorable your girls are! All three are beautiful. I cannot get over how big your little ones are now. I keep picturing them in nursery at Downey 1st!
By the way, your post to Rick was amazing! Very cute. Congrats!
Post a Comment