About Me

My photo
A little about us...Ricky and I met when I was 11 and he was 16. We grew up in Downey, CA and got married August 10, 2008. We have three children, Zoe(17) Mallorie(7) and Julia(6). We live in Spanish Fork, UT and love it.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's been a YEAR, but who's counting???

WARNING...The next post is mushy, really mushy. But it needed to be said!


Since the girls have started school I have to admit I have really enjoyed a nice quite house with a few hours of Rick and Wendy time each morning. Because I have some time I wanted to reflect back on the year we have had together, and what an amazing year it has been.

We got married last August but I did not move up here until September. In that year my life has been unbelievably blessed. I have been blessed with the most wonderful husband. Last year we made multiple all nighters to Arizona and back, in the rain, in blizzards, dust storms, you name it. Ricky was always there by my side, and a lot of the time leading me. While I struggled to do the hard things, he was always there full of strength. Nobody will ever understand what those many trips were like. Most of them made after a 70-80 hour work week, then going straight from work into an 18-20 hour drive with no sleep, and then turning around and doing it two weeks later to pick the girls up. I could have never in a life time been able to do it alone. And to think that he would keep doing it for years to come, just because he loves me and this family. I am so grateful to have a husband that is so strong and patient with me and with the challenges I brought to this marriage. That he knew going into it that it would be ridiculously hard, and still chose it.

I am so blessed to have a husband that tells me I am beautiful even when I roll out of bed and still have the mascara under my eyes. Who tells me I smell good even when I have just gotten home from exercising. Who tells me I am a great mama. Who holds me when I am just a little too frustrated at the world, or the kids, or life. Who tells me he is proud of the woman that I have become. I am grateful to have a husband that has seen me grow and change and has loved me through every stage of my life, even the ones when only a mother should. I am grateful for a husband who writes me love letters, and plays with my toes. For a husband who always wants to protect me but lets me stand on my own two feet and gives me strength to find success. To be married to a man that works hard to support our family. A husband that cooks me breakfast and doesn't "MAKE" me cook dinner. For a husband that tells me I am an amazing wife. I husband that let's the kids stay up late so we can spend more time as a family, and makes treats for the kids that only he is good at. A husband that makes me laugh every single day, and makes me smile every few minutes. For a husband that is thoughtful, and gentle. A husband that listens and knows what I need. For a sweet husband that always holds my hand when we walk, and opens my door for me. For a husband that takes me to the temple and sits by me every week in church. A husband that helps me raise children and supports the decisions I make. I just want to thank my Heavenly Father for the husband I have. I husband that I absolutely adore!

I love you Ricky!!

9 comments:

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

You deserve it!

Savannah said...

How cute! Happy Anniversary! He really sounds so wonderful! Adam and I cannot wait to meet him!! Adam will be out there Halloween weekend (most likely) to get Tom & Sandy's car while they are on their mission. I hope he gets to see you guys!!

Jen said...

congrats on the anniversary!! We are very happy for you guys.

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

Happy Anniversary! That was a really nice post and tribute to your hubby. It makes me happy to know you are happy. I wish you many more wonderful years to come.

Maren said...

wendy, i am so happy for you. you have been thru so much and i am glad that you finally have what you wanted for so many years. i never got to meet him while you were going back and forth but he sounds like a great guy! call me next time you are in town.

Carl and Starla said...

Ok, you were right, it was mushy! J/k I'm so happy for you Wendy!

Dizzy Kate said...

You definitely deserve it! I'm so happy for you!

Q said...

Q and I just found your blog and we are sooooo happy for you! Happy Anniversary!!!

Linda said...

Very sweet and very important to say to our loved one.