So Halloween came and went and the girls loved it. Last year they went to a few houses and then just wanted to go home and eat the candy they had acquired. This year they realized that the more houses they went to the more candy was to be had. After walking around for about an hour we were all ready to be done. Especially after Rick had been working since 3am that morning and I had been getting Mallorie in her costume and running her to school, then running home again and getting Julia in her costume so that when we went back to Mallorie's school for her Halloween parade Julia wouldn't feel left out that she didn't get to be dressed up. It took me almost an hour to get her ready and I hadn't even put makeup on her. I figured we could wait for night time for that. After Julia was all ready she decided that she now hated her costume and her hair, but she like the wings. After dragging her to the parade pouting the entire time we left early, went home and took the costume off, only having to force her to wear it later on. We then tried to carve pumpkins while we waited for Rick to get home from at 5 so we could leave by 6. He was going to swing by and pick up a pizza, as to be speedy, which then ended up taking over and hour for the place to make and have ready for us.(who knew that it was actually the places busiest day of the entire year) well we somewhat finished the pumpkins and got the girls in their costumes and did make up and the whole bit and this is what we ended up with. In the end...Julia was happy with her costume, she just needed enough people to say she looked beautiful and pretty (not cute!) and well Mallorie she knew she looked good. I have to say that one serious benefit to her being Daphne was that no matter how dark it got we couldn't lose track of her and her bright orange head.
Originally Mallorie had wanted to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, but once she saw
Daphne from
Scooby Doo she was sold



My friend Megan made this costume and I don't think it could have been any cuter!

If only that face had been the face I had seen
all day. I guess what really counts is... "
all is well, that ends well."
4 comments:
Wendy!!! The kids look so cute! I was so happy to see you've found me. Send me your email. I have lots to ask and say to you. ha ha
talk to you soon.
I love the red-orange hair, it's great.
I didn't know you guys had a blog!!! Thanks for leaving me a comment! The girls are growing up SO fast! I can't get over the red haired wig! ha ha
Your girls look adorable in their halloween costumes.
Post a Comment