About Me

My photo
A little about us...Ricky and I met when I was 11 and he was 16. We grew up in Downey, CA and got married August 10, 2008. We have three children, Zoe(17) Mallorie(7) and Julia(6). We live in Spanish Fork, UT and love it.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Me do laundry??

Since the girls have been gone since last weekend things have been pretty calm around here. I have been about the laziest mom ever. There is still laundry sitting on the couch that RICK washed last week. The dishes in the dish washer that Rick did are still sitting there, and no house keeping besides that has been accomplished. I become so lazy when they aren't home. I go from attending the library 3 times a week, doing homework, reading stories, sweeping almost daily, bathing, fixing breakfast and lunch(well sometimes) running to school and back, and all the little thing in between to just being a wife. I have to say I really love just being a wife, but I really miss those little rascals. They keep me on my toes. Yesterday I watched 3 hours of Ellen and read some of a book. Nothin like a little "Wendy time." The nice thing about just being a wife though is that we get to do grown up stuff and not worry about babysitting. This weekend we went and had sushi with some of our really good friends here, John and Jamie Robinson, and then went to a comedy sports club in Provo. We love going there, it is cheap and what better way to spend time with the hubby than laughing for an hour and a half. On Saturday we went to the State Capital building while we waited for Ricks parents to show up in Salt Lake. Growing up my family use to go to utah a lot and we always loved the State Capital,(for you English's FYI the lions are redone and ready to be climed on!) After we left there we went to dinner with my in-laws and then went to watch the Utah symphony play. It was so nice to be able to spend all this time with Zoe and Rick. Life has been so good here, and we are so blessed to have such good friends and loving family close by. We wish we had more, but are grateful for what we have. This week there is a VB tournament at the ward. I am looking forward to playing since it has been months, but really I am looking forward to finding the people that play well so that I can get together a group that wants to play on Thursday nights. Wish me luck in my findings.

5 comments:

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

WELCOME back to the blogging world!! Where've you been?! The girls are awesome in their costumes. But OH that HAIR! Did you dress up? Hang in there oin the 2 weeks off. I would probably go into a mad depression when they were gone. Keep on Keepin' and it will all work out.
Love Di

Tiffany J said...

I love lazy days but I have to watch it cause they usually turn into lazy weeks, months, etc. It's nice to get a break though...enjoy it while it lasts! ha ha

Glad to see you so happy by the way and Congratulations on the wedding. I don't know if I ever had the chance to say it yet!

Carl and Starla said...

When my girls are away from me for whatever reason, I too, am a bit lazy. I think it's just that we are always on the go so when we don't have to, it's nice to just "Be". Did you find anyone for your VB group? Believe me, you wouldn't want me- well you already know that.

Camp Directors said...

I am SOOOO happy that you and Rick are married! You have been in love with him since 8th grade :). I wish I could of talked to you more at the 10 year reunion. I found your blog through Danielle, I want to add you to mine, but it's private. Can you please email me. veecochick@yahoo.com - Amber

Amanda said...

Wendy! I am glad to see you are doing so well! Sydney really misses Mallory! Primary and Kindergarten just aren't the same!