About Me

My photo
A little about us...Ricky and I met when I was 11 and he was 16. We grew up in Downey, CA and got married August 10, 2008. We have three children, Zoe(17) Mallorie(7) and Julia(6). We live in Spanish Fork, UT and love it.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..

So it snowed here two days ago and the girls were so excited. It has snowed in areas around here, and a ton in the mountains, but we actually got snow here, at our house, in the middle of the day, for a few hours. We were so excited. Julia just wanted to stand outside in it until it stopped, and then she asked if they could build a snowman. I had to explain to her that if you could still see all the grass through the snow then the snow wasn't nearly deep enough to build one, and that if it keeps melting as it comes down, it won't be cold enough either. She was disappointed but I reassured her that I was sure there would come a time this winter for snowmen. She was ok with that and decided that if she couldn't use the snow to build anything, that she would just use it to eat instead. It was pretty gross watching her eat it between the blades of grass, but when you are a kid is there really anything more exciting? We have been blessed with little snow thus far, since we have been making trips to AZ frequently, but we are ready for the snow to come this month. We won't have any driving to do until we head out to Downey, CA for Christmas. I thought being in Utah would be weird and extremely cold, but so far I have loved it here. We live in a great ward in Spanish Fork, and the little city we live in is just perfect for our family. The weather has been beautiful and I am slowly getting use to the cold. I thought I would hate the it, but I am actually enjoying it. The girls haven't really minded the cold weather either.

We are starting to make friends here which is good. I feel a little guilty that the girls don't have more play dates, but I started Mallorie and Julia in a thing called "joy school" today with two other mom's in our ward. It goes for two hours and the girls get to do a craft and play and have a lesson for a little bit. They were really excited about it, and so was I.

Yesterday I made bread with one of the mom's that does the school,and the girls got to play with her son and then we all made gingerbread men. I love the holidays when we get to do all the festive crafts, and believe it or not, I am even getting in on some of the baking. Zoe loves to help make things with me so it is a fun time to bond and spend time with her. Life has been very sweet here, especially the last few weeks, with having the whole family together again. Rick has been working a lot of hours which we are very grateful for especially since we have felt some of the burdens of the recession. We have just been so blessed this year.

6 comments:

Carl and Starla said...

Look at you, Little Miss Homemaker! Before you know it, you'll fit right on in with all those Utah Mormons! Ha! ;)

Dizzy Kate said...

I'm so happy for you! I hope you have a merry Christmas!

Rebecca said...

Hey, I do Joy Shcool! The last 4 weeks, it has been my turn to teach and I have enjoyed it a LOT more than I thought I would! We are very low-key though. We have a couple boys who are so not going to sit and participate, and so what? We work with it and have a good time. And the kids love that we rotate houses and they get to play with new stuff every month.

Aranne and Dan said...

Snow huh??? Quite the change from an AZ Christmas. I am sure the girls are loving it. Sounds like you are getting use to UT and that is great! Keep us updated.

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

OK so you keep updating the title and background but info...I need photos and info! send me your email again...
dianebirk@yahoo.com
I also need your friend number so I can return her movies!

Dizzy Kate said...

Update you blog!!!! I want to read about your cute family!