Where it all began

Many of you have asked for wedding photos although this blog is going to be out of order since we, of course got married before that first one I wrote, I thought it would be good to post one with some(the only) photos I have from that day! I will give you the very short story of the wedding and then add a few photos. The weekend before Rick had to go back home we had been talking about whether we wanted to get married before he left or if we wanted to wait for easier circumstances to arise. We came to the decision that we didn't want to wait any longer to get married even though we knew that for the time being we would be able to live together. The plan was to get me up to Utah no matter what it took.
So after trying to work it out with the bishop and coordinate a time when we could have two witnesses and his hands free we came to a stand still and as of Sat. night before he was to go home it looked like it wasn't going to happen. Then we turned to the phone book for anyone that could marry us. We finally found a retired catholic priest that said he could do it Sunday morning. So that was set. Sunday at 9:00am we were married and his wife was one witness and my friend Melissa from work was the other. It wasn't til a few days later that we actually told anyone that we were married. A couple weeks ago we met with our bishop here and he remarried us with all the keys and blessings that the priesthood holds, so by the time we go through the temple we will have been married for the third time.
So now I am here in Utah and married to the perfect guy for me and loving every second of life and marriage.
I know this photo is blurry but it is my favorite one so I had to include it.
Here's us right after the wedding

Another one...

This is Melissa our only guest!








3 comments:
congrats wendy and rick! your hair looks cute! i hope you are happy and love life in utah. (im secretly jealous you live there. i want to move there!)
Thanks for all the support. If it is any concilation I wish I had a baby so we can just be jealous of each other. Hee hee! I can't wait to pick up the girls this weekend. We should have them for about a month this time. I can't wait for halloween! And yes for the record. Life is awesome and I love it here.
Congratulations Wendy!!! I didn't even know you got married until I read a comment you left on Danielle's blog with you and Rick's name on it. I really wish you all the best and a happy life together.
Love,
Sam (Rushforth)
Here's my blog...
www.gehrenandsam.blogspot.com
Post a Comment