

Here are some photos from the fair. They do this thing called a mud scramble for the children. Each age group gets a turn to run through this mud, more like clay, and grab a balloon. Once they grab their balloon they "try" to climb back out and they pop the balloon and take the number inside of it up to the person in charge of exchanging it for their prize. Each prize is different. Julia got an entire bag of bubble gum and Mallorie got $5.

Last year I had the kids wear junky clothes thinking if they ruined them I wouldn't care.

The problem was that it took 1/2 an hour to get the mud off. Plus multiple kids loose their shoes, pants, socks in the mud and they can't ever find them again. It's great when you see this kid crying cause he can't get out and then his mom comes to pull him out and his pants don't come with him... So I decided bathing suits are the way to go, and I was right. Much easier.
After the Mud scramble we hurried over to the pie eating contest for Ricky. Last year he did it and he came in 3rd. This year he came in second. I am amazed how fast he eats that pie. We figure next year it's in the bag!! I WAS SO PROUD!
So basically by the time we get to the rodeo we are so disgusting and filthy we are glad we are in Manti where nobody cares. After the pie eating contest we did some walking around and headed over to the parade.


At the Parade...Only in Manti...

Travis and Mallorie

This year was especially great because all the kiddies that live up here got to come with us and so did Dad and Sandy. Holly was able to make it up too which was a blast. Travis' girlfriend and parents were happy to come along too.
Claire's mom Travis Zoe Ricky
Claire Madison Aubrey Julia Mallorie Me







No comments:
Post a Comment