About Me

My photo
A little about us...Ricky and I met when I was 11 and he was 16. We grew up in Downey, CA and got married August 10, 2008. We have three children, Zoe(17) Mallorie(7) and Julia(6). We live in Spanish Fork, UT and love it.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Stake Conference

This weekend was really special for our family. We had stake conference on Saturday and Sunday and our stake was privileged enough to have Elder Hales from the Quorum of the 12 Apostles there for all of our meetings. It was such a neat experience to be sitting 10 rows or so from an apostle and just to feel the spirit in the room as he entered and spoke. Zoe was able to sing in the Youth Choir that sang in the Sunday session of conference which gave her the opportunity to sit on the stand with Elder Hales, and shake his had with all the other youth. It will be an experience I am sure she will remember for the rest of her life. After the session I took Mallorie and Julia up to meet him (Ricky got to meet him in the Priesthood Leadership session). It was such a sweet moment for all of us. How blessed we are to have the gospel in our lives and to have men that hold the priesthood,and can continue to receive revelation and guide us in this scary world. A lot of the talks were about home, and what we are doing in our homes. So parents as you read this I would suggest taking a moment and thinking about what we are doing as parents with these children that are on "loan" to us...Are we doing our Heavenly Father's will with them. Are we teaching them correct principles? Elder Hales told us to ask our children..."how are we doing?" So I am passing that on to you, ask your spouse how you are doing, then ask your children how you are doing, ask how you can be better, ask what they need from you.

2 comments:

Carl and Starla said...

Awesome! And thanks for passing on what he said!

Sean and Jill said...

great job wendy! i am truly happy for you! you seem really happy! the girls look so good and big!